Big Brother Forum - Big Brother Network
October 01, 2014, 06:19:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Brother America's Vote  (Read 33076 times)
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2009, 03:52:21 AM »

Although online voting appears to be unlimited in this America's Vote, it is limited to just one vote per IP address. Before voting you must unscramble a bunch of letters in order to submit it.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BIG BROTHER: America’s Favorite House Guest Vote Campaign (A.K.A. BIG BROTHER 11)

Sponsor: CBS Interactive Inc., 235 Second Street, San Francisco, California 94105

Each text message sent to or received by a service subscriber of any participating wireless carrier will incur a standard messaging charge, in accordance with that carrier's Terms and Conditions applicable to such customer's particular voice/data rate plan, and a premium text messaging charge of One Dollar ($1.00) for each successful vote. Contact your wireless carrier for text messaging plan details.

1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions. By voting via text message and/or online by going to the CBS.com web site accessible at www.cbs.com/bigbrother, you hereby accept and agree to the terms of this voting program. This program is subject to CBS Mobile User Agreement at www.cbsinteractive.com/info/eula, incorporated herein.

2. Voting Periods: America’s Favorite House Guest Vote Campaign begins on Sunday, September 6, 2009 and runs until Wednesday September 9, 2009 (the “Voting Period”). America’s Favorite House Guest Vote Campaign is a program for viewers to interact with the Big Brother television program. Sponsor may at its discretion shift any Voting Period and post notice of shift online at the www.cbs.com/bigbrother web site. Big Brother broadcasts are subject to preemption and schedule changes. Please check local television listings for Big Brother broadcast dates/times in your area.

3. Big Brother Description: During the Voting Period, viewers of the Big Brother television program will be asked to interact with the show by answering a poll type question related to the Big Brother television program. The announcer will invite viewers to vote either by sending in a text message on their text messaging capable mobile phone or by going online at www.cbs.com/bigbrother. There is a maximum of ten (10) votes using the text message method of voting..

4. How to Participate: There are two ways to submit votes:

1) Voting Via Cell Phone Text Messaging: If you are a wireless service subscriber and have a text messaging capable device, you may submit your vote during the Voting Period by sending a text message to the short code "81818" with your vote or votes on the question asked during the Voting Period (e.g., which house guest should win $25,000?). You will receive a “thank you” text message that provides additional information about Big Brother. You will be charged standard text and data rates for each text message sent or received from your handset according to the Terms and Conditions of your Service Agreement with your wireless carrier, plus a premium text messaging charge of One Dollar ($1.00) will apply for each successful vote. Each wireless carrier's rate plan may vary, and voters should contact their wireless carrier for information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in Big Brother. Text message voters will receive access to digital content (e.g. wallpapers). There is a limit of ten (10) text messaging votes. For help send HELP to 81818.

2) Free Method of Voting Online: To submit your vote without using text messaging go to www.cbs.com/bigbrother during the Voting Period and follow the instructions to complete the voting form. Voting Period Schedule:

Start Date Time - September 6, 2009 at 5:00pm PT
End Date and Time - September 9, 2009 11:59am PT
AnnieSueSnowflake
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2009, 03:54:09 AM »

I wish we could vote up to 10 (ten)  per address  Cry
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 03:56:28 AM by Annie » Logged
MommyX3
BBN Supporter
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2009, 09:19:55 AM »

I think America will vote for Jeff again.

Am I right?

.....and the carnage begins...
muahahahaha!
bps_gopher
Big Brother Sr. Member

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2009, 09:54:42 AM »

You know RonRat is sitting at home with is wife telling her how he is America's favorite and they are about to be $25,000 richer.  Then his wife walks over and slaps him telling him to stop being such a Douche!!  You have made me a laughingstock and I want a divorce.  I am going to move to the Bajamas and change my name.  No self respecting man would want me after being married to such a P**sy!

"Ma' wife told me to have patience. Ambah, I'm tryin'." - Boston Rob
MommyX3
BBN Supporter
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2009, 09:55:53 AM »

You know RonRat is sitting at home with is wife telling her how he is America's favorite and they are about to be $25,000 richer.  Then his wife walks over and slaps him telling him to stop being such a Douche!!  You have made me a laughingstock and I want a divorce.  I am going to move to the Bajamas and change my name.  No self respecting man would want me after being married to such a P**sy!
Nice, Gopher. But you're right. i hop she leaves him for a man. Wink

muahahahaha!
karmakoolkid
« Reply #95 on: September 07, 2009, 09:58:51 AM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... PANCAKES..... Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
MommyX3
BBN Supporter
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2009, 10:00:43 AM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... PANCAKES..... Cheesy  Cheesy  Cheesy
Jeez...kid, Give me a break,. Between my long nails and the limited time I have to get online (three kids) I'm surprised I can type legibly at all!  Wink

muahahahaha!
riddlemethis
Big Brother Jr. Member

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2009, 03:43:49 PM »

am i missing something. it appears that if you vote by text at $1.00 per vote you can vote ten times, but can only vote once for free via internet. I would think cbs could not discriminate between voting methods and restrict free voting unfairly.
Hail Skins
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2009, 03:46:47 PM »

am i missing something. it appears that if you vote by text at $1.00 per vote you can vote ten times, but can only vote once for free via internet. I would think cbs could not discriminate between voting methods and restrict free voting unfairly.

Makes perfect sense to me.  I would guess that CBS gets a nice chunk of the $1 charge per phone vote so it would behoove them to "encourage" voters who want their choice to win the $$ to vote by phone so they can vote many times.

HTTR!
karmakoolkid
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2009, 05:20:31 PM »

Makes perfect sense to me.  I would guess that CBS gets a nice chunk of the $1 charge per phone vote so it would behoove them to "encourage" voters who want their choice to win the $$ to vote by phone so they can vote many times.

INDEED.... it is,,after all,,,,,ALL ABOUT $$$$$ to the corp. exc's
ANYTHING to "enhance" the bottom line. Roll Eyes
KIMMYBBLOVER
Big Brother Full Member

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 07, 2009, 05:36:02 PM »

I don't know how many times we can vote, but the page says votes will be accepted until 11:59PM PT Tuesday, August 4, 2009

August 4th?

Kimmy SmileySmiley
riddlemethis
Big Brother Jr. Member

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2009, 07:55:11 PM »

I understand cbs' greed and desire to scarf as much money as possible from text voting. I thought there were some FCC rules about offering equal availability of voting so if you offer 10 paid votes there has to be 10 free votes
I realize this presupposes FCC fairness -- somewhat an oxymoron itself.
srs
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 07, 2009, 09:52:05 PM »

The FCC is not and should not be concerned with television gameshow voting rules.

If you care enough then pay $10 and vote 10 times; if not, then don't.  I don't.   I will vote once and thank CBS for not wasting my time worrying about cheating by certain contestants.
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2009, 01:32:26 PM »

I think CBS limited the online voting because of what happened earlier when someone allegedly created a bot to repeatedly vote for Ronnie to get the Coup D'etat. Before, we were permitted to vote online endlessly, while those texting had to pay to vote 10 times.

There's still today and tomorrow up til 11:59pm to get the votes in no matter how you do it.
riddlemethis
Big Brother Jr. Member

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2009, 01:59:44 PM »

actually i voted a second time today on line  to see what happened and it went through.   so i don't know if it was an accident or because i had been offline for awhile and the time delay made it happen
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
  Print  

Jump to: