Big Brother Forum - Big Brother Network
October 23, 2017, 03:01:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Evel Dick really left the Big Brother House  (Read 16538 times)
Cats Rule!
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« on: October 01, 2014, 11:27:28 AM »

Not sure if this is the right place to post and if not please move it to where it should be.
http://www.people.com/article/big-brother-winner-dick-donato-hiv-positive?hootPostID=c73480d5a12e2c31d4154cd141f0ab7c

So apparently he found out he was HIV positive in the Big Brother House when they retested his blood after the original tests were inconclusive.  Man, what a horrible way to find out!

Here posts a felinophile.
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 11:42:23 PM »

It's in the right place as far as I'm concerned. The news hit the AP wire and has bogged down many websites that are reporting it. I found this video and article on The Hollywood Gossip.

Dick Donato Reveals he's HIV Positive

It's shocking and I'm very sad to learn this. My heart really does go out to ED in deciding to reveal this painful news. Having HIV no longer means it's a death sentence and I hope he lives a long and happy life.
spinelli
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 05:50:04 AM »

i was shocked, he told this story on the vh1 show couples therapy...all the rumors why he left bb so suddenly...all were false...no way bb could let him stay in the house with this...he said its from having unprotected sex...my heart goes out to him
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 01:47:59 PM »

No matter how he thinks he contracted it, BB should have let him stay on season 13. I don't always agree with Rachel Reilly but after reading her comments on TMZ, I do. That season could have been used to educate people about HIV. ED was quoted as saying he didn't have a choice and that producers made him leave after 6 days in the house.

I remember how odd it was that on the first day the feeds and BBAD were on that year, ED wasn't on camera anywhere. When someone asked where ED was Jeff mentioned he's been in DR probably 2 hours so something must be up.

Now that we know, I'd like AG and RM to tell us why they made the decision to make him leave without his personal belongings that Dani had to pack up. I now wonder if she was told and that was the reason she was more of a pain back then.
bann3d
Head of Household Member

**Technotronics**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 08:28:03 AM »

Very sad news. I just learned this now, right here.I always thought it was something to do with his friend. I wish him well.  Embarrassed

“what did you want me to do? drown him?” - Jeff
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 10:55:10 AM »

Thinking back, when Dani went to DR during BBAD she didn't say much when she came out. I believe the only thing she said was that he left because of his girlfriend. Of course that led the houseguests and viewers to speculate maybe the girlfriend was seriously ill. For all we know he might have still been in the DR when she went in and told her he was leaving the show.

Watching Couples Therapy last week when he talked about leaving BB he said the only thing he wanted to do after the Doctor gave him the news was to get out of the house and see Stephanie. Makes sense now but back then it didn't since everyone knew how much he loved BB.

As for BB, I read an article where producers claim ED was not told to leave the show yet ED continues to claim he didn't have an option to stay. He quoted a producer (not named) as telling him if they'd known he had HIV he wouldn't have been asked back.
Cats Rule!
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2014, 11:23:38 AM »

I find it hard to believe she would have been told and not have said anything throughout the whole season.  I know they had been estranged but for her to have known and said nothing suggests to me that she either just didn't care one bit about him (in which case she probably would have figured out a way to use his health issues as a way to get further in the game) or he managed to convince her to stay in the game and keep his health issues "in the vault" which I just don't see happening.  My guess is he said his GF was sick and that was why he was leaving and never told her the truth until at least after the "Coach" season (she made it to jury which means 70+ days of talking to other people about anything and everything under the sun and never letting anything slip).

Here posts a felinophile.
spinelli
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 06:21:09 AM »

i really dont think dani cares about her dad at all...i think i remmember reading he wasnt even at her wedding...so who knows...there are a lot of issues between them, i guess they would need daughter dad therapy and even that may not help...i wish him all the best
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2014, 01:34:18 AM »

At best Dani tolerated ED during season 8. Toward the end he barely got her to talk to him so I'd agree she doesn't care. She found time to badger him constantly about buying her a new car after the show was over though. During the coaches season she acted indifferent that he had left the show. If she knew anything I'd find it hard to believe she could keep a big secret that long.

I also read somewhere that he wasn't at her wedding but a whole bunch of past HG's were. That's pretty sad that the girl has so much animosity toward him even though he's owned up to his lack of being there as she grew up. True he isn't typical dad material but he is the only dad she'll ever have. Her brother forgave ED but why is it so hard for her to swallow her pride and just appreciate him for once? With ED's illness he needs family support more now than ever and I hope one day she comes to understand that he isn't a bad man at all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: