Big Brother Forum - Big Brother Network
October 22, 2014, 05:33:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Aaryn and Gina Marie make racist comments.  (Read 5373 times)
Darrin
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2013, 12:15:00 PM »

Good for Julie in not keeping her feelings private. It's pathetic. Maybe
next season they'll have some members of The Westboro Baptist Church.  Roll Eyes
Darrin
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2013, 12:24:04 PM »

Grin
Darrin
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2013, 12:48:04 PM »

CNN Video.
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2013, 12:50:01 PM »

Julie also addressed the issue on The Talk. She took the bigotry to heart being of Asian descent and I get that. Racism is hate, just as WBC promotes hate under the guise of being a church. Those ignoramuses are bullies and haters.

Aislinn
Big Brother Jr. Member

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2013, 01:08:12 PM »

I would like to feel bad for these girls and guys because you know that somehow, somewhere, someway this behavior had to have been modeled as being acceptable; however, in this day and age where there is so much talk about suicides driven by this kind of hate talk it's hard to believe that they haven't come to realize that it's not.

We have all, at times, thought, said or did something that has caused or could have caused another pain, we are only human. However, it's the depth and breadth of the comments made by these people that takes the occasional slip to the extreme and straight into the realm of unacceptable.

Spencer's mother can defend him all she wants, but to say he's just talking that way to fit in....he's a grown man and should know better than to stoop to peer pressure. Howard, man, I know you're concerned for your game but man up and say something. As, for that all the other house guests someone should say something.

Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2013, 01:31:08 PM »

The DR headed off a potential problem yesterday. Jeremy was talking to Amanda and when she asked him what her boyfriend's name is, he said "f*ggot" and got called into DR right away. When he came out almost an hour later he started talking about the importance of gay rights.
Zingbot
Big Brother Sr. Member

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2013, 01:12:22 PM »

I think it could be said that this is the most despicable cast ever. At least 25% of the cast seems to have no redeeming quality what so ever (Team bigots) and most of the rest are either floaters, or too cowardly or not smart enough, not care enough to band together to get these guys out. Which looks bad on everybody

There some discussion how much heat Kassting (they put the K in casting. ziiing) should be getting. Some are defending her saying you can't predict that. I agree to some extent, but than again the quality of cast is Kasstings job. When most of the cast is either racist or spineless, that's a problem.

Kassting has wrote "at least it's not boring" I beg to differ. Team Bigot is not entertaining villain's like others have been. These guys are pretty boring personality and are only getting noticed for saying outlandish and disgusting things, not to just other cast members, but to entire demographics of people.

We been listing who's been fired. Spencer job at Union Pacific has distance themselves from him. Seems like Jeremy quit his job before he got into BB. So looks like we won't be getting a grand slam of firings. There's going to be some editing needed in the original "houseguest thread" where occupation is listed with a bunch of "former or fired" before their former job listing.
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2013, 01:47:23 PM »

I've said it often that Robyn Kass of Kassting Inc should not be in charge of selecting houseguests for BB. Her method of selecting who is chosen makes no sense when usually more than half of any season features somebody randomly found off the street who have never seen the show. Robyn further insults us by constantly picking "pretty" people with modeling careers, acting ambitions or know someone in the industry. 

I would assume the thousands of BB hopefuls who excitedly try out and are overlooked are middle Americans with regular jobs, nice families, look decent enough in a bathing suit, aren't super fans but do watch the show and know how BB is played. How is it that those types aren't chosen?
laffnwolf
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2013, 05:23:04 PM »

^Absolutely Cheri, which is why BB is dying a slow death.
redhed
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2013, 07:56:29 PM »

That makes me sad.......

Seriously?Huh
Darrin
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2013, 10:18:18 PM »

It makes me mad. I agree with all thr above comments.  Angry
Ftlbeachbum
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2013, 12:08:57 AM »

I agree with Zingbot and others. Previous casts may have had a couple of despicable character each season but I don't remember a time when the majority fell into that category.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2013, 03:50:27 AM »

I can't remember either FtlBeach. We thought we had it bad before but then we are rewarded with new people. Problem is these HG's don't represent the demographic who watch the show.

It occurs to me that these HG's fit the mad Men theme to a T and don't realize it. In the 60's there was real racism and real homophobia. These kids are too young and didn't witness any of that first hand and their parents probably didn't either yet somehow their words and behavior is like revisiting that turbulent era.
spinelli
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2013, 09:32:41 AM »

i concur..i sit here listening and cant believe what i hear
redhed
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2013, 07:00:29 PM »

I can't remember either FtlBeach. We thought we had it bad before but then we are rewarded with new people. Problem is these HG's don't represent the demographic who watch the show.

It occurs to me that these HG's fit the mad Men theme to a T and don't realize it. In the 60's there was real racism and real homophobia. These kids are too young and didn't witness any of that first hand and their parents probably didn't either yet somehow their words and behavior is like revisiting that turbulent era.

Such an interesting take on it Cheri! How true!

Seriously?Huh
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: