Big Brother Forum - Big Brother Network
December 22, 2014, 03:25:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Aaryn and Gina Marie make racist comments.  (Read 5603 times)
bann3d
Head of Household Member

**Technotronics**

View Profile WWW
« on: July 01, 2013, 03:29:04 PM »

Apparently these two girls have made some racist and homophobic comments and twitter and facebook have been blowing up over it. Never can tell what people will be like. Not as sweet as they are made out to be. I wonder how they are going to keep this off the air as it's been getting lots of traction on other sites and people are pissed.

Video of one of the convos.

http://youtu.be/HeuhbTMaM7s

What are your thoughts?

“what did you want me to do? drown him?” - Jeff
redhed
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 06:44:05 PM »

They are mean girls......for sure... If this had been said in the UK I bet they'd be on their way home.

Seriously?Huh
Hail Skins
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 09:29:01 PM »

Youtube has yanked the video for Copyright issues. 

Do I hear it right that the producers have repeatedly asked them to cut it out to no avail and there are more offenders then just A & GM?  If that is the case they need to take stronger actions.  Back in S8 Jenn was given a penalty nomination when she being on slop ate food she wasn't supposed to.  Maybe the producers should tell them that if they use any more Hate Speech one of them will be put up as a penalty nomination a week and none of them can be saved by POV or be HOH.

So let's say that Aaryn, Gina Marie, and Mr. X use hate speech.  Week 1 Aaryn would be a penalty nominee and wouldn't be eligible to play for POV or have it used on her.  If the House votes her out she is gone and if they decide to save her she would be allowed to play normally again (unless she spews her filth again).  Week 2 Gina Marie and Week 3 Mr. X would be the penalty nominees and during those weeks they wouldn't be eligible to play for HOH, play for POV, or have the POV used on them.

Of course, CBS wants ratings and controversy so they would never have the sack to actually do that but could you imagine the turmoil that would ensue if they did??

HTTR!
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 04:25:16 AM »

Aaryn suggesting Helen “shut up and go make rice,” GinaMarie offering to hit Helen in the head to make her eyes straight, Amanda’s “F*ggoty Ann,” and Spencer calling Andy “Kermit the F*g.” are but a few of the things said so far and that was just on Saturday.

There is no doubt these people were raised well by their parents but this cast cannot filter themselves at all. Some of this can be blamed squarely on social media where these people don't have to see the other person they're talking to. they simply cannot carry on normal conversation without being mean at someone else's expense.

Ragan Fox penned an open letter to CBS that you can easily find doing a search for it while Zap2it has an article on these particular houseguests and the comments made so far.

That said, we live in a climate of political correctness but at no time are racist comments said even in jest, something that should be tolerated. Anyone remember Adam from Season 9 and his comment? CBS took a lot of heat for that but the only thing to come of it was that Julie apologized for what he said.

Nothing will happen to Aaryn, GinaMarie or Spencer in the way of penalties. Producers can ask them to tone it down but they'd rather not interfere to much even though they should. AG should at the very least apologize to us for this lousy cast she put in the house this season. The show will move forward and the BB house won't fall down. The best we can hope for is that these 3 will be on the block soon enough and out the door before jury.
Ftlbeachbum
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 04:46:21 PM »

Those are some pretty despicable houseguests Angry

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Ftlbeachbum
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 05:43:26 PM »

Obviously Big Brother has misspelled Aaryn's name. I should be spelled Aryan.

Zingbot
Big Brother Sr. Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 01:26:35 PM »

Nice write up Cheri and also enjoyed Ragan comments too (he's right CBS should focus on the racist comments). It is a bit tough line, you don't want to put too much rules on language that everybody walks on eggshells and not say anything that can be considered off-colored. But what has been going on this season is so beyond the pale.

This hasn't been just joking around like when Howard struggled and if somebody makes a black dude in water sports comment (which I read a lot on twitter, during the Have not contest) where some people can take different ways. I think something like that is acceptable. The things that Cheri mention, and Gina has said the N-word, there has also been some anti-women comments by some of the guys too. You can't spin that any other way except hate.  How about that comment Cheri mention of Gina said about Helen, Gina hit a double with racism and violence, kind of wish BB would throw her out on the violence talk technicality.

Agree with Cheri, production has to own this. A few bad apples is understandable, but I don't think I remember a cast with so many unlikable people. What get's me. it's happening in the first week. You could almost understand if after a month, tensions get high, you forget the camera on, and you say something out of your nature & regret it. But these clowns are doing it in the first week, aren't you still trying to put your best personality forward, it's still way to early to forget the cameras are running, so they are either dumbest people out there, or think it's no big deal (which is even worse). Too many in this cast want to be famous (or infamous) just for the sake of it & don't seem to give a damn about the show.
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 02:25:00 PM »

Thanks zingbot!

Trying to find the right balance and mix of new houseguests had to have been a daunting task. But Kassting Inc failed when they decided to choose such a young cast that could care less what people think of them. Only a few that do care come to mind like Howard, Helen and possibly Judd. They at least don't come out and say what they're really thinking. Just this morning Howard advised Helen that she has to overlook the racists things some have said and not participate in discussing it later. Not that they have to let those comments go but that some people don't know when what they say affects others.

We got what we asked for, a whole new cast. At what expense? Well, first of all changing the station BBAD is shown on and then heavily censoring it to death, delaying the feeds by 5 minutes in case another slur is said in the house (this started this morning, by the way in case no one has caught on) and feed disruption problems overall on the first night and again night before last.

I don't know how well this will play out until the finale but one very important factor is on everyone's mind and that is, will BB be renewed for a 16th season? It's still too early to tell with the ratings but it is something we should be looking out for.
Ftlbeachbum
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 08:45:26 PM »

I confess that I was one of the loudest calling for an all new cast with no retreads and I stick by that but they sure did a helluva lousy job casting it. With the BBAD fiasco and now messing with the feeds, this is not enjoyable so far.

Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 09:43:23 PM »

I was just as vocal about all new faces, so don't feel bad FtlBeach.
Aislinn
Big Brother Jr. Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 10:09:23 PM »

Thanks for the welcomes in the other threads. Cheesy

What burns my biscuits is there was no real mention of what these girls have done and said. Julie saying that Candice stayed from the drama and the way they seemed to want to make Aaryn look sympathetic was really pathetic. I know she lost her modeling contract but brushing this under the rug is wrong. They showed Jeremy's little tirade over the wine, but nothing real about Aaryn or GinaMarie. Why?

David will get a real shock when he gets back and sees all that's been going on. He at least left with Amanda telling him the reason is because of Aaryn.
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 10:23:20 PM »

The thing is CBS has to edit for the purpose of time and lots of things aren't shown. The wine incident went on longer and afterward Jeremy and Amanda hugged it out. You didn't see that on the show since they wanted viewers to think there was still bad blood between those two.

There was no mention of the days news concerning the comments but I think Julie talking to those not involved spoke volumes.
Darrin
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2013, 12:11:48 PM »

Ginamarie has been fired from her job back home. I didn't see it mentioned.
laffnwolf
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2013, 12:18:35 PM »

I'm wondering if maybe AG knows this is the last go round for BB and wants to go out with a bang. After the Willie fiasco, you'd think casting would be more selective.  Damn lysdicia...olo
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 03:15:18 PM by laffnwolf » Logged
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2013, 12:54:44 PM »

Ginamarie has been fired from her job back home. I didn't see it mentioned.
I posted it on Ginamarie's topic yesterday. Thanks for putting it here also.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 03:13:30 PM by Cheri » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: