Big Brother Forum - Big Brother Network
November 20, 2014, 06:44:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: CBS Stinks  (Read 4592 times)
Jeffro
Big Brother Jr. Member

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2013, 01:13:43 AM »

Okay, so BBAD censored and not on Showtime, and the live feeds being hosted by them....DOUBLE FAIL. Looking at 4 black screens is seriously entertaining. I would rather have fish.

Thanks for screwing up my favorite show CBS.

Worst start to BB in history.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 01:15:56 AM by Jeffro » Logged
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2013, 01:50:53 AM »

Okay, so BBAD censored and not on Showtime, and the live feeds being hosted by them....DOUBLE FAIL. Looking at 4 black screens is seriously entertaining. I would rather have fish.

Thanks for screwing up my favorite show CBS.

Worst start to BB in history.
I had trouble too. According to the feeds help page you have to set your computer time to the Pacific time zone. Guaranteed they will work for you then.
spinelli
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2013, 08:32:50 AM »

im not sure i understand...feeds were an epic fail...and tvgn kept muting ever other word..so annoying yep my fav show ever is ruined
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 01:05:56 PM »

im not sure i understand...feeds were an epic fail...and tvgn kept muting ever other word..so annoying yep my fav show ever is ruined
The feeds weren't a fail, moving BBAD to TVGN is the epic fail. We were promised they would remain uncensored as it was on Showtime and they are not. Given the fact TVGN is available to everyone so it can reach a larger audience is fine, the more viewers the better. But don't mislead us into thinking we'd be able to actually enjoy them without every curse word being silenced.

As for the feeds, many people had trouble initially getting them to work, me included. The advice on the Help page said to change the clock on your computer to the Pacific Time Zone, close the browser and reopen it. Doing that worked but it shouldn't have been that complicated. Then too, the feeds had alot of lag time with freezing and buffering.
ParrotFace Rachel
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 03:12:59 PM »

The amount of audio that was muted made After Dark almost unbearable to watch. Not that I'm looking for more but didn't Showtime air 3 hours vs. the current 2 hours.

CBS STILL doesn't broadcast this show widescreen in HD. What a crock of crap in 2013!!

BB without Brendon & RATchel is great!
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 03:36:07 PM »

When BBAD was on Showtime it aired uncensored for 3 full hours in HD. It now airs censored on TVGN for 2 hours and not in HD.
spinelli
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2013, 05:09:52 PM »

next week with commercials and the annoying tvguide scrolling on the bottom, i will just watch the feeds
redhed
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 05:26:50 PM »

I'm already hating the editing of "objectionable words". Really, annoying.  Tongue Tongue

Seriously?Huh
Hail Skins
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 09:00:53 PM »

Yup.  TVGN welched on their promise that there would be “literally no difference between “Big Brother: After Dark” on TVGN and past season of the show previously on SHO2."  BBN has an article covering what happened

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-after-dark-tvgn-revises-no-difference-censorship-stance/

HTTR!
Ftlbeachbum
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2013, 02:22:39 PM »

Yup.  TVGN welched on their promise that there would be “literally no difference between “Big Brother: After Dark” on TVGN and past season of the show previously on SHO2."  BBN has an article covering what happened

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-after-dark-tvgn-revises-no-difference-censorship-stance/
Well, I went and read the linked article. Sorry TVGN but that sounds like backtracking to me. This show airs from midnight to 2AM EDT and later in other markets. Hey TVGN, this is not prime time. I think those viewers up that late aren't going to be offended by a few curse words
 Angry

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Hail Skins
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 02:56:50 PM »

Well, I went and read the linked article. Sorry TVGN but that sounds like backtracking to me. This show airs from midnight to 2AM EDT and later in other markets. Hey TVGN, this is not prime time. I think those viewers up that late aren't going to be offended by a few curse words
 Angry

No kidding.  I personally have no problem with cussing on TV (as long as the show isn't something where bad language isn't appropriate like "Barney and Friends").  In fact there are some movies that I prefer not to watch on TV because they take the cussing out and in some cases the cussing adds flavor to it that the censoring takes away ("My Cousin Vinny" for example).  Also, love to get the uncensored seasons of Hell's Kitchen on Netflix Cheesy.

HTTR!
rocksniffer
Head of Household Member

...and the world keeps turning...toward the abyss

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2013, 10:13:32 AM »

The amount of audio that was muted made After Dark almost unbearable to watch. Not that I'm looking for more but didn't Showtime air 3 hours vs. the current 2 hours.

CBS STILL doesn't broadcast this show widescreen in HD. What a crock of crap in 2013!!

yes it was 3 hours on showtime and not only are we missing the cussing but the tenting everyone here seems to be getting busy and i'm missing...another check in the 'do i want the live feeds' column

...kicked back picking my teeth with a fish bone...

“It’s crazy, honestly, how much a plant is like a human. They look completely different, but they have to eat, they have to drink. It’s crazy.” ~ Caleb, the budding botanist...who knew
terabyte
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 07:14:36 AM »

The difference is due to the fact that TVGN has commercial sponsors.  Showtime did not.  This is all about money in CBS's big fat pockets.  They can get more money if BBAD has commercials but that means bleeping the cuss words.
rocksniffer
Head of Household Member

...and the world keeps turning...toward the abyss

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2013, 06:43:08 PM »

yeah well they aren't inspiring me to frequent their advertisers... silent movies turn me off...unless it is charlie chaplin...  Cheesy

...kicked back picking my teeth with a fish bone...

“It’s crazy, honestly, how much a plant is like a human. They look completely different, but they have to eat, they have to drink. It’s crazy.” ~ Caleb, the budding botanist...who knew
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2013, 04:08:03 AM »

They inspired me to watch reruns of Weeds first two shows the other night when I forgot to turn the channel. The No No hair removal system looks interesting however, I draw the line at ChristianMingle.com.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: