Big Brother Forum
April 18, 2014, 04:03:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Big Brother After Dark  (Read 2625 times)
Ftlbeachbum
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2013, 06:08:07 PM »

I guess I posted this at the wrong spot so I'll re-post here. I just read that BB After Dark is being moved from its Showtime location to TVGN and being shortened from 3 hours to 2 hours. I don't even think this channel is broadcast in HD and allows for more censorship.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:10:15 PM by Ftlbeachbum » Logged

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Darrin
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 11:57:02 AM »

You are correct. It's not in HD and will be heavily censored. Plus it won't be live.
SoopaManBB
Big Brother Full Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 01:33:45 PM »

You are correct. It's not in HD and will be heavily censored. Plus it won't be live.

Well, that sucks. Awwwah well, at least I don't have to sub to Showtime this year.

I Love Big Brother!!
Ftlbeachbum
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 04:24:35 PM »

That basically sucks. On the other hand it frees up 3 hours of my mornings. I doubt I'll be watching. BTW...love the new avatar!

spinelli
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 07:02:37 AM »

i wont get showtime again, so yes its free but will watch the feeds,doubt to many watch tvgn, its going to be an epic fail for cbs
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2013, 04:27:15 AM »

Time will tell whether it's a fail for CBS. We've wanted change for some time with Grodner calling the shots but I doubt anyone expected CBS to pull BBAD from Shotime. CBS owns both SHO and TVGN and maybe they think it will pull in more viewers who can't afford the pay channels. If it does, then great. If it does not then I imagine this won't be good for BB's U.S. future.

As far as I've heard, BBAD will be live not taped. It will likely be on delay so censors can filter the adult content from viewers though.
Ftlbeachbum
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2013, 02:19:41 PM »

I subscribe to Showtime anyway because of its great original programming, especially with Dexter on the horizon so BBAD was just a bonus for me. Also, I guess I've become spoiled with HD and watching an SD program on an HD tv is like looking through gauze and just not pleasant viewing for me. I also object to the inevitable censoring and , I assume, commercials.

spinelli
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 09:43:04 AM »

live feeds go on sale at cbs today 20% off...thats all i know....i hope no more expensive than superpass
Matt_BBN
Administrator
Big Brother Full Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 08:43:47 AM »

Yep, Feeds are on sale now. We've got the new banners up there for any forum members interested in supporting the site. Thanks!
Matt_BBN
Administrator
Big Brother Full Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 08:45:38 AM »

Also, for the Big Brother After Dark episodes, CBS does say they'll be live views during the east coast broadcast, but west coast would of course be pre-recorded.

I'm asking their press person about this "curated live feeds" wording regarding the After Dark episodes. They keep using that phrase so it sounds very strategic is application. Maybe they've always considered it "curated" but are just now using that phrase.
Ftlbeachbum
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2013, 01:09:18 PM »

Yep, I kinda "curious" about "curated". Shocked

Matt_BBN
Administrator
Big Brother Full Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2013, 11:23:49 AM »

Turns out "curated" just means there's someone at the helm making sure we don't get BBAD showing an empty room, etc. They just tried to get fancy with their description and it caused more confusion that it should have.

Here's what we heard back from an exec at TVGN:

http://bigbrothernetwork.com/exclusive-big-brother-after-dark-tvgn-no-difference/
redhed
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 06:27:27 PM »

I'm starting to get excited!! It's great to see a lot if the usual suspects are still here!! Hi Cheri and Darrin Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss the last couple of seasons haven't been all that risqué anyway so I don't imagine we will miss much if the episodes are curated.... It will be interesting to see what happens.

Seriously?Huh
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 03:29:24 PM »

I'm starting to get excited!! It's great to see a lot if the usual suspects are still here!! Hi Cheri and Darrin Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss the last couple of seasons haven't been all that risqué anyway so I don't imagine we will miss much if the episodes are curated.... It will be interesting to see what happens.
Hey red, it's great to see you again too! We won't miss anything with the curated feeds because all it means is the camera won't show empty rooms of the house while BBAD is on. I am getting in the BB zone and cannot wait to see who the new cast of HG will be.
Darrin
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 05:49:52 PM »

Great to see ya, red! Kiss
Pages: [1] 2
Print

Jump to:  

CBS Interactive Inc.