Big Brother Forum - Big Brother Network
November 20, 2017, 03:00:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18
  Print  
Author Topic: TV Land  (Read 45890 times)
Ftlbeachbum
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2010, 08:08:44 PM »

I didn't see any threads devoted to just general comments about anything on tv that someone might want to post about (favorite shows, hated shows, fave actors, etc) ...so I'll start:

I was watching the winners/losers list for the Emmys last night and IMO one of the best shows (acting,writing & directing) of the last few years...Friday Night Lights...came away empty, as it has every year. That's just wrong Sad Anyone else watch this great show?

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
mellb823
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 09:02:50 PM »

I didn't see any threads devoted to just general comments about anything on tv that someone might want to post about (favorite shows, hated shows, fave actors, etc) ...so I'll start:

I was watching the winners/losers list for the Emmys last night and IMO one of the best shows (acting,writing & directing) of the last few years...Friday Night Lights...came away empty, as it has every year. That's just wrong Sad Anyone else watch this great show?

Shh... shoot!  I do like Friday Night Lights too.
Just, yesterday, my daughter reserved season 1-4 of it from the library to get caught up.
Too funny, you just brought it up.

haha... I think you need to get out of my home t.v.  LOL  Wink

Ftlbeachbum
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 01:25:44 AM »

OK, I will, I promise Wink
I'm sorry this show didn't catch on with the masses. It sure has a devoted following...the couple of us that watched it. This was the last season and it would have been cancelled 2 years ago if DirecTV hadn't stepped in and helped fund it which was cool since that's my provider and they showed the seasons first and with no commercials.

Ftlbeachbum
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 01:29:46 AM »

Three more week til Dexter...Yippppeeee!!

Darrin
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 01:32:01 AM »

Three more week til Dexter...Yippppeeee!!

Yep, I'm counting it down as well. That will need it's own thread.  Grin
Ftlbeachbum
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 01:41:20 AM »

Last season's finale was a total mind-blower for me. It really caught me off guard and when it was over I just sat and stared at the tv Shocked

Darrin
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 01:46:45 AM »

Last season's finale was a total mind-blower for me. It really caught me off guard and when it was over I just sat and stared at the tv Shocked

Exact same here, but brilliantly done. I was in shock. Speechless.

When John Lithgow won his Emmy for the show, he accidentally thanked HBO. He later said that no one will ever let him live it down.  Grin
Ftlbeachbum
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 02:06:54 PM »

Wow...now that was a big ole OOOOOOPS !

Ftlbeachbum
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 02:12:28 PM »

It's not in the same league with Dexter, but I enjoy watching White Collar. The chemistry and snappy repartee between the two leads is well written and well delivered...just kind of a fun hour of tv.

Ftlbeachbum
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 08:32:03 PM »

We're starting up a new year of TV shows this week. I need to program my dvr, so which ones look like winners and which ones have bust written all over them?

Darrin
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 03:03:57 AM »

Okay, these are just my observations. I'll only list what I and some research have concluded to be hits.

Hawaii Five-O - Critics are calling this remake the best crime drama show since the first CSI. CBS

Boardwalk Empire - HBO's new show from Martin Scorsese and writers of the Sopranos. Nuff said.

The Event - Expertly marketed campaign has people actually wondering what it is really about. Possibly supernatural. NBC

No Ordinary Family - Michael Chiklis (The Shield) and family mysteriously gain superpowers. Intriguing. ABC

The Walking Dead - Director Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, The Mist) brings a new horror series to
AMC. Early word is that it is fantastic and original. Premieres Halloween night.

I'll update more later.  Wink

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 07:02:42 PM by Darrin » Logged
Ftlbeachbum
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 09:13:27 PM »

Thanks for the heads up on The Walking Dead. I haven't heard a word about it but it sounds right up my alley.

Bwlk Emp is already set on my dvr for the season Wink

I'll check out Hawaii 5-0 tonight. I just figured it to be another cop/buddy type of show. (I do think Scott Caan can be funny)

I read that The Event pilot can be a bit confusing and might take a couple of watches to pick up everything.

Chiklis was amazing in The Sheild.

Darrin
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 09:24:16 PM »

"The Walking Dead" is based on a long running comic book by Robert Kirkland. Here is a glimpse.
Ftlbeachbum
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 10:20:31 PM »

"The Walking Dead" is based on a long running comic book by Robert Kirkland. Here is a glimpse.
OK, I just might be hooked Smiley

mellb823
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 10:25:08 PM »

Thanks for the heads up on The Walking Dead. I haven't heard a word about it but it sounds right up my alley.

Bwlk Emp is already set on my dvr for the season Wink

I'll check out Hawaii 5-0 tonight. I just figured it to be another cop/buddy type of show. (I do think Scott Caan can be funny)

I read that The Event pilot can be a bit confusing and might take a couple of watches to pick up everything.

Chiklis was amazing in The Sheild.
Flipped a bit, between 5.0 and The Event but The Event talks of being in Texas so I'm trying to watch it but must admit I'm not getting it.   Undecided
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: