Big Brother Forum - Big Brother Network
December 20, 2014, 11:02:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: You Are Not Allowed to Talk About Production!  (Read 11980 times)
srs
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2010, 11:06:48 PM »

We often read BB producers denials that they do anything to rig the show or influence the show.  And most of us don't believe it in the slightest.

I was just reading about Ragan saying that DR sessions were giving him hints about an all-male alliance.  (Ragan may be less of a genius and more simply able to take obvious hints.)

So, WTF?  Like the Brigade or hate it, but production has no business giving the rest of the house clues if they can't see it for themselves.

If they want to nudge the cast this way or that for drama, then I understand.  But for heaven's sake STOP DENYING IT.

I have less of a problem with coming up with contests to favor one contestant or another than I do with direct interference in DR sessions.  And I have no problem with twists that let America influence the game even, but not CBS production.

P.S.
That gives me an idea for a "power" that has not been used before.  Instead of giving tasks to a given player, give a player outside access to communicate with fans.  They would have to decide what to believe (anti-fans could plant disinformation) but would have the advantage for a week of knowing what's up.  Mayeb that is too much power, but how many times have you wanted to be able to send a brief message to a particular contestant?
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 03:37:00 AM »

They do it every season to stir the house up and it's nothing new. Seems everyone but Rachel and Brendon were given hints in the DR.
srs
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 09:34:35 AM »

They do it every season to stir the house up and it's nothing new. Seems everyone but Rachel and Brendon were given hints in the DR.

I know they have always done it to some extent.  But sabotaging a particular group or player seems wrong.  And Grodner's interview posted here flatly denied interference.
moonwalker
Big Brother Full Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 09:41:52 AM »

This really drive me crazy when they say this..you not allowed to talk about production. How many times do the houseguest hear this, then they forget?

Let's do the moon walk
razer922
Big Brother Full Member

Bruv's not dead.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 09:53:52 AM »

This really drive me crazy when they say this..you not allowed to talk about production. How many times do the houseguest hear this, then they forget?
My money says they don't care if they break a few rules.

But with the massive amount of rulebreaks, I can only imagine if a "fines" rule was in place- there'd more than likely be no prize for the winner! Not a penny!

srs
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 09:55:29 AM »

I understand why, they want to avoid revealing too much of the mystery behind the curtain and the perception that everything is orchestrated.  One thing they definitely didn't like people discussing was how certain people were recruited (for a look, personality, or other), bypassing the application process, while others struggled and waited to be selected.

Ragan has revealed a LOT this year that I don't think they want people to know.  And as long as he just gets the hand slap warning, I don't think he cares much how many times he is warned.
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 02:37:54 PM »

I simply don't know why production just doesn't cut the microphones when they hear HG talk about it. Seems like a logical solution. But then again, if they did that what would be the point of the benign unseen Big brother voice warning HG to do as they're told?

We all know HG are manipulated and fed some info but whether it's used is a crapshoot. In this instance, production knows the majority of fans are disgusted with the herd mentality in voting as the reigning HOH demands and would like to see all of them vote independent in the hope Kristen stays since it would create drama with Rachel and immediately divide the house in time for jury sequester.

Whatever agenda motivates production to interfere works only half the time. Seems this season the info was noted but once minds are made up no amount of production campaigning will sway the voting HG's to do otherwise.
srs
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 06:22:12 PM »

I simply don't know why production just doesn't cut the microphones when they hear HG talk about it. Seems like a logical solution. But then again, if they did that what would be the point of the benign unseen Big brother voice warning HG to do as they're told?

That approach wouldn't do much for After Dark ratings.  If they just cut the mics then they can continue to talk to each other but we can't hear.

It is similar to the rules about sleeping outside the bedrooms etc. that are there to insure there is some activity for viewers to watch and not just people sleeping.

I assume there must be some penalty for repeated or willful violations.  I doubt they carry through with them, but it seems some have gotten threats in the DR of things like partial stipend forfeit.
Ftlbeachbum
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 06:26:36 PM »

Speaking of DR "hints": The other night Rachel made a comment to (I think Brendon and Brit) that she was questioning whether Matt was actually making up the story of his wife's illness. Since I have heard no other HG voice this thought before (other than several saying how low it would be), it just made me wonder if a "little birdie" might have chirped something that would put that idea in Rachel's head.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 03:29:17 AM »

Speaking of DR "hints": The other night Rachel made a comment to (I think Brendon and Brit) that she was questioning whether Matt was actually making up the story of his wife's illness. Since I have heard no other HG voice this thought before (other than several saying how low it would be), it just made me wonder if a "little birdie" might have chirped something that would put that idea in Rachel's head.
It wasn't a random thought, that's for sure.
Kimba
Big Brother Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 07:29:44 PM »

I think production helps on somethings, but I don't think they would have said anything about Matt's lie.  Other HGs have speculated about the illness from time to time. 

I think production is biased towards Boobzilla and Brenda, only because the cast is so weak and they are basically the only people providing tension and turmoil.  I would be any amount of money that Rachel stays this week and Brenda goes, because, let's face it, she is the b#$%h who stirs the s&*t.
Kimba
Big Brother Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 07:33:01 PM »

When Boobzilla was talking about help she got in the DR, I think she was just saying that to make Brenda feel even more dejected so that he would just give up for good.  I would like to see Boobzilla in the house by herself, she would be a hot mess!  Anyone agree?
buck
Big Brother Full Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 09:35:38 PM »

Her shirt gives her away. I'm hoping she wouldn't stoop so low as to deject Brendon to advance her own game. She chose to put her showmance above her game, she can't have it both ways.
stang6626
Big Brother Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 09:26:25 AM »

Wink

Did That argument between Rachael and Regan seemed staged? Where MAtt was in the room.That seemed to start a whole thing with Rachael. I mean Regan just went off the hook for nothing......HMMM  seems really cheezey. Grin
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 01:34:42 PM »

Wink

Did That argument between Rachael and Regan seemed staged? Where MAtt was in the room.That seemed to start a whole thing with Rachael. I mean Regan just went off the hook for nothing......HMMM  seems really cheezey. Grin
If it was staged, it was Rachel who staged it. Ragan wasn't interested in engaging her because she'd been drinking (as usual).
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: