Big Brother Forum - Big Brother Network
September 23, 2017, 05:55:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38
  Print  
Author Topic: What Movie Did You Just Watch?  (Read 88404 times)
Darrin
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2010, 12:03:19 PM »

Pandorum - Freaky scifi/horror film. Better than I expected. Great set pieces.
MommyX3
BBN Supporter
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2010, 09:43:30 AM »

Monster...Charlize Theron...

Aileen Wournos was some jacked-up chick,lemmetell ya!

I currently Netflixed "Doubt" with Meryl Streep...she plays a nun. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Cheers, Minions!

.....and the carnage begins...
muahahahaha!
Darrin
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2010, 03:06:20 PM »

Cheers, Minions!

Minions? Here ya go.  Wink

"Dances With Wolves" - A modern day classic that I never tire of. Superb and accurate in every way. "Avatar" is just "Dances With Wolves" in space, with a sprinkle of Pocahontas.

"Doubt" is an excellent film with outstanding performances from everyone. Hope you enjoy it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 07:29:57 PM by Darrin » Logged
Darrin
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2010, 10:55:18 PM »

"Brothers" - Good film with tour de force performances by Tobey Maguire, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Natalie Portman. A bit disjointed and empty. The acting keeps this one afloat. Could have been much better.
Darrin
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2010, 01:23:46 AM »

Edge Of Darkness - Mel Gibson returns to the front of the camera after an 8 year hiatus. Strong performances and direction make this a worthwhile recommendation.

Daybreakers - Finally, an original take on the vampire genre. It's a blast. It doesn't insult one's intelligence like most.
BigBrotherWAState
Big Brother Full Member

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2010, 07:39:02 PM »

I just watched JUST WRIGHT with Queen Latifah and Common and it was pretty good.
Darrin
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2010, 07:51:24 PM »

BigBrotherWAState, thanks for chiming in! The more, the merrier.  Smiley
Ashli Rae
Big Brother Jr. Member

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2010, 12:09:28 AM »

Darrin, I thought about purchasing Crazy Hearts on demand and then backed out but you say it's a must see?  I will give it a try.  Smiley
Darrin
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2010, 12:15:29 AM »

Darrin, I thought about purchasing Crazy Hearts on demand and then backed out but you say it's a must see?  I will give it a try.  Smiley

We loved it. It's just a wonderful down to earth film. It does contain county music (which Bridges himself sings), but the film is much deeper that just about a country singer. If you like you like Jeff Bridges, you'll love this film. Let me know what you decide.  Wink
MommyX3
BBN Supporter
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2010, 04:39:49 PM »

Cheers, Minions!

Minions? Here ya go.  Wink

"Dances With Wolves" - A modern day classic that I never tire of. Superb and accurate in every way. "Avatar" is just "Dances With Wolves" in space, with a sprinkle of Pocahontas.

"Doubt" is an excellent film with outstanding performances from everyone. Hope you enjoy it.
Wow, D! You were right! Sister Aloycius was bad-ass! I had no idea until the end it was based on a true story...the guts it must've taken her to go through with her plan during that time in our country is epic. I love girl power! being a recovering Catholic, I think that sister rocks it out....HARD!

Cheers!

.....and the carnage begins...
muahahahaha!
Darrin
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2010, 04:44:57 PM »

Glad you enjoyed it.  Smiley
Darrin
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2010, 11:16:55 PM »

Julie And Julia - Meryl Streep captures every essence of the late Julia Child. Amy Adams is quickly becoming one of my favorite next generation actresses. The story could have been a bit tighter. Some parts just seem to meander along. Good, but could have been so much better.
Darrin
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2010, 01:11:53 AM »

K-19: The Widowmaker - Great true story adventure about a Russian submarine that almost had a nuclear meltdown in 1961. Harrison Ford and Liam Neeson star in this suspenseful film directed by Kathryn (The Hurt Locker) Bigelow. This event was sworn to secrecy for 28 years by the Russians. What could have happened is horrifying.
Cheri
Global Moderator
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2010, 03:54:09 AM »

My Sister's Keeper. Made me cry.
spinelli
Head of Household Member

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2010, 07:14:07 AM »

it did me too cheri, yesterday i watched just wright...good movie with queen latifah
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 38
  Print  

Jump to: